This 10-week course runs alongside the school term, and has been designed with the intention of providing a supportive, friendly and nurturing environment for mothers and their babies.
Classes have been designed by Monica Anderson and Eli Haski, and taught by Eli Haski. Both Monica and Eli are certified Pre and Postnatal Yoga Instructors.
This is open to mums and babies from 6 weeks old (natural birth), or from 12 weeks (c-section), to crawling.
Enjoy an hour of postnatal yoga for yourself, while taking the opportunity to bond with your baby through song and baby yoga, which is ideal for developing your babies’ sensory development at this early stage. Practise ends with relaxation for you and your baby, followed by half an hour of circle time to share the joys and challenges of mothering.
The yoga poses/ practise (asana) will help you to –
- Relieve tension and stress.
- Calm and refresh your mind.
- Release joints, tight shoulders and lower back.
- Provide breath and meditation techniques to support your sleep, and help calm your mind and body.
- Start gently toning your abdominal muscles.
- Start gently toning your pelvic floor muscles.
- Support your muscle recovery post birth.
- Open the shoulders and restore the spine back to its pre-pregnancy length and shape.
This is a nurturing space –
- Each mother’s unique way of parenting / mothering is honoured and respected.
- No one specific way or method of parenting is promoted.
- This is a great way to meet other mums and make new friends.
- Women are invited to share their experiences in a confidential and safe environment where they are completely accepted and supported.
Please also note:
- We are located on level 1 (upstairs), so unfortunately pram access is not available. There is a little bit of space under the stairs on the ground floor if you do need to leave your pram somewhere prior to class. Please ensure that your prams are parked all the way in underneath the stairs, and are not blocking access to the building and other building tenants/ users.
- You can bring your baby in a baby capsule or sling
- You are welcome to bring bub’s playmat if that helps them settle
- Water for yourself, and anything you need to nurse bub. There are two little kitchens located down the hallway on the same floor, as well as toilets.
- There are two change mats available for you to use in the studio. Kindly take any soiled nappies away with you.
PRICE: $165 for 10 sessions.
TIME: Wednesday, 10am-11:30am.
VENUE: Canberra Yoga Space, Level 1, 6/13 Botany Street, Phillip, Woden.
Note: You can join this course after the first week of term has started. You will be enrolling for the remainder of the term, and the cost is $20 x the number of session remaining for that term.