This page contains a range of frequently asked questions (FAQs) which you may find useful to read before attending a class at Canberra Yoga Space.
Classes start and finish on time. Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to class to allow the Instructor time for registration.
For first time students, we recommend that you complete our New Student Registration Form before attending your first class. Also we recommend that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your first class.
Kindly switch off or set your mobile phone to silent before entering the space.
Hydrate yourself before and after class. It is not recommended to have a full meal directly prior to class.
1. Wear something light, comfortable and fitted (not baggy). Singlets, leggings and normal gym wear will suffice. What is important is for you to feel comfortable moving without clothing disrupting your practice.
2. Yoga classes are barefoot. Kindly leave your socks and shoes in the locker area.
3. Bring a towel and a bottle of water.
4. Bring your own mat if you have one otherwise one will be provided for you in class.
Please note: We require that you wear appropriate clothing. You may be refused entry to any of our classes if you are not appropriately attired. For example, we do not allow transparent (see-through) leggings or pants, or bikinis.
Online you can pay via Visa or Mastercard. In the studio you can pay via cash, EFTPOS, Visa card or Mastercard. Please note that we do not accept American Express (AMEX).
1. If you have any history of injury or if there is anything about your health we should know about, we ask that you let the instructor know before class.
2. Pace yourself. You can come down to downward dog or forward virasana (two alternative resting postures), at any time.
3. Every asana (posture) also has a simpler variation. Speak to the instructor after class, if you needed an easier variation in class, or alternatively let us know through our Enquiry Form. It is important for us to know our classes support your needs.
For good results, we encourage a regular practice of 2-3 times a week. For life-changing results, try practicing 4 or more times a week.
You must let us know at least 24 hours before any workshop or event takes place if you will not be able to attend and want to keep payment as credit at the studio. Credit notes can be used for future workshops, courses or classes.
Refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis where there are exceptional circumstances.
For prenatal yoga, any missed classed will be automatically credited to you after your give birth. You can attend any of our classes including Mums-N-Bubs postnatal yoga. For the Mums-N-Bubs and meditation courses, where you miss up to 2 classes during a term, you can request up to two casual yoga class pass to attend our casual drop-in yoga classes. For the restorative course To request a casual yoga class pass, send us a message. There are no make-up classes for the beginners yoga course.