We are very pleased to once again be able to offer this premium quality yoga teacher training – KNOFF YOGA 200-Hour Teacher Training. The course starts in October 2018 with the Discovery course (component), and finishes with the Foundation course (component) in January 2019.
You have the option of enrolling in the Discovery course only, or in both the Discovery and Foundation courses (the complete 200-Hour Teacher Training course).
Applications for enrolment are now open. This is a non-residential teacher training.
Component 1: Discovery Course – Sunday 30/9/18 to Thursday 4/10/18.
Component 2: Foundation Course – delivered in two parts:
- Foundation Part 1 – Sunday 13/1/19 to Friday 25/1/19. Note: Sundays 13 and 20 are half days. Saturday 19/1/19 is a day off.
- Foundation Part 2 – 14-19 April 2019 – Note: Sunday the 14th is a half day.
The training will be by Master Yoga Teacher, James E. Bryan (ERYT500), who is the Program Director at KNOFF YOGA in Cairns.
To join the Discovery Course, you are required to have attended regular yoga classes (any style of yoga) for a minimum of 12 months. You also need to submit your application here.
PLEASE NOTE: Your application for enrollment will be reviewed by James Bryan at KNOFF YOGA. All payments/ enrollment tuition is to be made to Canberra Yoga Space.
Who is eligible for this course
Provided the minimum 12 months of regular yoga practise is met, this course is appropriate not only for existing teachers and practitioners wanting to teach, but also for those looking to deepen their practice. Offering a potent platform for personal development and true transformation through the avenue of yoga, this Discovery course is appropriate for anyone who wishes to further explore their soul journey.
Component 1: Discovery Course Description
The Discovery Course is the beginning level of the KNOFF YOGA Teacher Training and consists of a one week (5-Day) intensive covering everything you need to get you up and running as a yoga teacher.
Following the guidelines of the International Yoga Alliance, you will study Asana, Pranayama & Meditation, Yoga Philosophy, Ethics & Lifestyle, Anatomy and Teaching Methodology.
This Course is based on the unique KNOFF YOGA Principles of:
The Anatomy covers the basics of movement, muscles and bones and is taught with direct application to the yoga postures. The philosophy looks at: historical and theoretical principles of hatha yoga; the eight limbs of yoga; emphasis is on how theory of yoga translates to practice of life, with particular focus on yamas and niyamas; eastern and western philosophies underlying principles of yoga, and introduces Yoga Sutras, and chanting.
You will receive more than enough information and knowledge to teach competently.
Students who do not wish to teach may also attend the course to intensively deepen their practice and grow their yoga knowledge.
You will receive a Teacher Training Handbook, Discovery Asana and Pranayama Manual and a Discovery Teaching Certificate (providing you graduate).
Component 2: Foundation Course Description
Foundation builds on the skills and knowledge gained in the Discovery course with its own balanced and more challenging syllabus.
During this component which is spread over three parts, you will receive training in 45 asanas, 9 pranayamas, breath focused meditation, yoga philosophy, anatomy and teaching methodology. You will receive a Foundation Asana and Pranayama Manual and your Teaching Certificate (providing you graduate).
Both the Discovery and Foundation Courses are registered with Yoga Alliance – the international yoga teachers association. With these two certificates you can apply to Yoga Alliance for the 200-hour registration and use the letters RYT200 after your name.
Completion of Discovery Course.
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete the online application form here or click on one of the green buttons. James will assess your application for acceptance into the Teacher Training Course.
Step 2: You will receive a reply, generally within 24-48 hours on the status of your application. If your application is successful you will be directed to make payment of the non-refundable $200 (Discovery only) or $500 (Discovery and Foundation) deposit to secure your place. PLEASE MAKE PAYMENT TO Canberra Yoga Space. Contact us here.
Step 3: You will be sent a reminder notice prior to the early bird cut-off date – 31 July 2018. Payments made after the cut-off date are at full fee.
Discovery Course – Early bird discounted price of $1,169 is offered if the full discounted fee is paid by 31 July 2018. Otherwise the Full Fee is AUD $1,299.
Discovery and Foundation Courses – Early bird discounted price of AUD $4,499 is offered if the full discounted fee is paid by 31 July 2018. Otherwise the Full Fee price is $4,999.
Method of Payment
Once your application has been approved, a non-refundable deposit of $200 for discovery or $500 for both discovery and foundation is required to secure your place.
Any outstanding balance of the Course Fee is to be paid 3 weeks before the start of the training – by 9 September 2018.
For Internet banking, make payment to: Live Yoga Pty Ltd, BSB 112-879, Account Number
068436476 (with your Surname, followed by CYS200TT as ID).
** Payment of the Early-Bird discounted Course Fees are non-refundable but may be transferred to another Course providing it is attended within 12 months.
In all other cases:
- A non-refundable deposit for the full course is required 30 days prior to start of the Course.
- Up to 31 days prior to the start of the course – full refund of your payment less non-
- Within 30 days prior to the start of the course – no refund, but you may transfer your full payment (including deposit) to another KNOFF YOGA Teacher Training course, providing it is attended within 12 months.
- Once the course has started – no refund or credits on any payment, partial or full.
- If the course does not proceed – 100% refund including deposit.
- To obtain a refund, all course materials must be returned to KNOFF YOGA.
- If attending from interstate (or overseas), we advise you to obtain Travel Insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
What is KNOFF YOGA?
KNOFF YOGA combines the anatomical alignment and intelligence of Iyengar Yoga, with the energetic principles of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, resulting in the 5 Pillars of Practice.
Why KNOFF YOGA?
KNOFF YOGA is a system-based program, which is logical, clear and easy to understand. KNOFF YOGA takes an extremely complex subject and intelligently simplifies it. KNOFF YOGA is grounded in tradition and incorporates western scientific principles. You learn how to teach from a solid base of knowledge, imparting confidence – all the work has been done, you simply follow the systems and guide your students.
Why choose KNOFF YOGA?
- You study under the guidance of a Master Teacher with over 34 years experience.
- All classes are dedicated to Teacher Training – not public classes.
- Courses are designed so you are certificated and may teach straight away using the comprehensive course content.
- Courses are based on modern learning methodology.
- Each level prepares you for the next with logical progression.
- Principle-based so that you are not rote learning or following a script. The principles free you to teach from your own unique understanding.
The KNOFF YOGA Systems mean:
- You teach with substance and guide with confidence.
- You do not have to reinvent the wheel for every class.
- You do not have to be a super yogi – just share and care.