Thank you to all who participated in the survey conducted to determine the best format to introduce Knoff Yoga 200-Hour Teacher Training. The survey has now been concluded, and the staggered approach (Option B) has been identified as preferred by the majority. This is a great result, and it is the more conducive format that allows you to receive and integrate all the learning and personal transformation this intensive course offers.
We are hence, very pleased to announce that applications for enrolment are now open for the 200-Hour KNOFF Yoga Teacher Training at Canberra Yoga Space in Philip (Woden) commencing this January 2018. This is a non-residential teacher training.
This training has two components:
Component 1: Discovery Course Level 1 – 2-6 January 2018 (5 days, 8 hours per day).
Component 2: Foundation Course (delivered in three parts)
- Foundation Part 1 – 15-21 January 2018 (7 days, 8 hours per day)
- Foundation Part 2 – Easter Week, 26-30 March 2018 – Monday to Good Friday, (5 days, 8 hours per day)
- Foundation Part 3 – Queen’s Birthday June long weekend, Friday 8 to Tuesday 12 June 2018 (5 days, total remaining hours, detailed itinerary to be provided with course documents. Note: Monday 11 June is a public holiday)
The training will be by Master Yoga Teacher, James E. Bryan (ERYT500), who is the Program Director at KNOFF Yoga in Cairns.
To join the Discovery Course, you are required to have attended regular yoga classes (any style of yoga) for a minimum of 12 months. You also need to submit your application here.
Who is eligible for this course
Provided the minimum 12 months of regular yoga practise are met, this course is appropriate not only for teachers wishing to further their education, or practitioners intending to be teachers. This course offers a potent platform for personal development and true transformation through the avenue of yoga – and hence, it is appropriate for anyone who wishes to explore their soul journey further, so as to evolve into the best and highest version of themselves, with our without any intention to teach in the future.
Component 1: Discovery Course Component Description
The Discovery Course is the beginning level of the Knoff Yoga Teacher Training and consists of a one week (5-Day) intensive covering everything you need to get you up and running as a yoga teacher.
Following the guidelines of the International Yoga Alliance, you will study Asana, Pranayama & Meditation, Yoga Philosophy, Ethics & Lifestyle, Anatomy and Teaching Methodology.
This Course is based on the unique Knoff Yoga Principles of:
The Anatomy covers the basics of movement, muscles and bones and is taught with direct application to the yoga postures. The philosophy looks at: historical and theoretical principles of hatha yoga; the eight limbs of yoga; emphasis is on how theory of yoga translates to practice of life, with particular focus on yamas and niyamas; eastern and western philosophies underlying principles of yoga, and introduces Yoga Sutras Chanting.
You will receive more than enough information and knowledge to teach competently and successfully – as we do at the Knoff Yoga Headquarters in Cairns, Australia.
Students who do not wish to teach may also attend the course to intensively deepen their practice and grow their yoga knowledge.
You will receive a Teacher Training Handbook, Discovery Asana and Pranayama Manual and a Discovery Teaching Certificate (if you pass the course).
Component 2: Foundation Course Component Description
Foundation builds on the skills and knowledge gained in Level 1 with its own balanced and more challenging syllabus.
During this component which is spread over three parts, you will receive training in 45 asanas, 9 pranayamas, breath focused meditation, yoga philosophy, anatomy and teaching methodology. You will receive a Foundation Asana and Pranayama (Level 3) Manual and your Teaching Certificate (providing you graduate).
Both the Discovery and Foundation Courses are registered with Yoga Alliance – the international yoga teachers association. With these two certificates you can apply to Yoga Alliance for the 200-hour registration and use the letters RYT200 after your name.
Completion of Discovery (Level 1) Course.
How to Apply
Step 1: Complete the online application form here or click on one of the green buttons. James will assess your application for acceptance into the Teacher Training Course.
Step 2: You will receive a reply, generally within 24-48 hours on the status of your application. If your application is successful you will be directed to make payment of the non-refundable $500 deposit to secure your place.
Step 3: You will be sent a reminder notice prior to the early bird cut-off date – 30 November 2017. Payments made after the cut-off date are at full fee. All fees need to be paid 30 days prior to the start of the Course, by 3 December 2017.
A 10% early-bird discount is offered if the full discounted fee of AUD $4499 is paid by 30 November 2017 (see refund policy below). Otherwise the Full Fee is AUD $4999
** The fee covers all tuition, Teacher Training Handbook, Discovery Asana and Pranayama Manual, Foundation Manual and your Teaching Certificates (for Discovery and Foundation).
Method of Payment
Once your application has been approved, a non-refundable deposit of $500 is required to secure your place.
Any outstanding balance of the Course Fee is to be paid 3 weeks before the start of the training – by 12 December 2017.
For Internet banking, make payment to: Live Yoga Pty Ltd, BSB 112-879, Account Number
068436476 (with your Surname, followed by CYS200TT as ID).
** Payment of the Early-Bird discounted Course Fees are non-refundable but may be transferred to another Course providing it is attended within 12 months.
In all other cases:
- A non-refundable deposit for the full course is required 30 days prior to start of the Course.
- Up to 31 days prior to the start of the course – full refund of your payment less non-
- Within 30 days prior to the start of the course – no refund, but you may transfer your full payment (including deposit) to another Knoff Yoga Teacher Training course, providing it is attended within 12 months.
- Once the course has started – no refund or credits on any payment, partial or full.
- If the course does not proceed – 100% refund including deposit.
- To obtain a refund, all course materials must be returned to Knoff Yoga.
- If attending from interstate (or overseas), we advise you to obtain Travel Insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.
What is KNOFF Yoga?
Knoff Yoga combines the anatomical alignment and intelligence of Iyengar Yoga, with the energetic principles of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, resulting in the 5 Pillars of Practice.
Why KNOFF Yoga?
Knoff Yoga is a system-based program, which is logical, clear and easy to understand. Knoff Yoga takes an extremely complex subject and intelligently simplifies it. Knoff Yoga is grounded in tradition and incorporates western scientific principles. You learn how to teach from a solid base of knowledge, imparting confidence – all the work has been done, you simply follow the systems and guide your students.
Why choose KNOFF Yoga?
- You study under the guidance of a Master Teacher with over 45 years experience.
- All classes are dedicated to Teacher Training – not public classes.
- Courses are designed so you are certificated and may teach straight away using the comprehensive course content.
- Courses are based on modern learning methodology.
- Each level prepares you for the next with logical progression.
- Principle-based so that you are not rote learning or following a script. The principles free you to teach from your own unique understanding.
The KNOFF Yoga Systems mean:
- You teach with substance and guide with confidence.
- You do not have to reinvent the wheel for every class.
- You do not have to be a super yogi – just share and care.